Friday, June 8, 2012

Solange Knowles: She Wears It Well


Solange Knowles really has great style. I've been keeping tabs on her of late and I'm not shy to say that I'm impressed.

Not only has the singer determinedly avoided being a mini-me to big sister Beyonce - no bling, very few fishtails, a lot less body-con - but she's come up with something really fresh.

Find out who else made our best dressed list this week

As this photograph, taken at the opening of the Acne store in New York this week, demonstrates, her look is very ladylike.

I've been trying to pin it down (would love to have a nose at her stylist's mood board) and the closest I'm getting is early 1980s New York socialite with a bohemian streak. A gallery owner, perhaps?

This put-together style with its strong colour and womanly lines makes her seem much older than her 25 years but that's probably the idea, isn't it? She doesn't look like anyone's baby sibling. No one puts Solange in the corner.


Via: Solange Knowles: She Wears It Well

0 comments:

Post a Comment